This one is from the Every Day Cookbook. It says in the book that it’s quicker to whip up this cake than it is to go down to the shops and buy one. It’s totally true… this cake is so easy to make, it’s ridiculous. I have been making this every week during the school term, and giving Foodfilanderer Jnr a slice each day.
Too Easy Chocolate Cake – Serves 8
- 120g butter
- 2 eggs
- 100g milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 120g sugar
- 120g self-raising flour
- 30g cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Prepare a small ring tin or 20cm square pan.
3. Place butter into Thermomix bowl and melt for 2 minutes at 60C on Speed 4.
4. Add remaining ingredients and mix for 30 seconds on Speed 5.
5. Pour into cake tin and bake in centre of preheated oven for 25-35 minutes.
6. Dust with icing sugar and serve.
Verdict: Look, this chocolate cake is what it is. It’s a quick, easy, and tasty. Sure, it’s not the most impressive chocolate cake I’ve ever made, but it is nice and moist inside and gets the job done. Besides, it literally takes 3 minutes to whip up it up! One thing that surprises me about it is that it doesn’t really rise much, and I’ve tried several different types of self-raising flour and baking powders. However, if you’ve got a Thermomix, I totally recommend it for when you need a cake in a hurry.